ADA Signage - Way Finding, Hotel Room & Bathroom Signs
Custom ADA Compliant Signage
What Are They?
The American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA) was signed into law on July 26, 1990 by President Bush. This law guarantees equal opportunity to individuals with disabilities in many areas from employment to transportation to wayfinding & more. Signage, also commonly known as “wayfinding”, is just a portion of what this law entails. Compliant ADA Signs should have both tactile raised letters and also Grade II braille for those blind and with low vision. The law also states letter height, type of braille, color contrast, mounting location and more.
In the section titled Federal Guidelines you will find more details of what the A.D.A. law requires for compliant signage.
For Quotes or more info on our ADA Signs:
Your ADA Signage Specialist
ADA Signage – Way Finding, Hotel Room, Bathroom Signs
BELL COMPANY SPECIALIZES IN HIGH END, CUSTOMIZED, UNIQUE ADA TACTILE BRAILLE SIGNAGE
ADA Tactile Signs
Our STAIRWELL BRAILLE SIGN was made using photopolymer 1/8” face panel painted metallic silver with PMV5906 dark gray text, mounted onto 1/8” dark gray painted acrylic backer panel with orange vinyl graphic “sun blast” logo.
This ELEVATOR FLOOR BRAILLE SIGN was made using clear photopolymer on aluminum back carrier, tipped black, then laminated to black 1/8” plex with a beveled edge. Wayfinding sign.
Custom shaped photopolymer on 1/4” thick acrylic – painted beige with custom color blue silk screened text. Sign was then laminated to P3030 green acrylic square backer and provided a unique BRAIILE SIGN FOR THIS PROFESSIONAL OFFICE BUILDING.
This HOSPITAL BRAILLE SIGN was made using once piece 1/8” photopolymer on acrylic and painted a standard tan color. Logo was hot stamped in black then overlay screened in orange, to enhance client’s logo theme throughout the facility.
This HOTEL SIGN was made with 1/8” photopolymer on acrylic, corners were rounded, background was painted gold with black border, hotel logo & text color.
Tactile Wayfinding Sign
- This OCCUPANCY SIGN is made using photopolymer on 1/2” acrylic, routed to a custom pill shape, painted coral with white text and is a tactile sign.
- Another HOSPITAL BRAILLE SIGN job, this one utilized 1/8” non-glare acrylic, subsurface painted 2 colors for a leaf pattern effect. A.D.A. portion is achieved using photopolymer laminated on the left side with raised room number and grade II braille.
- This STUDIO WINDOW BRAILLE SIGN was made using a 1/16” non-glare photopolymer face, layered acrylic for the filler and backer. It has a 2 color surface paint job, with white text & logo. The window /changeable message strip is made of clear flexible PETG with white vinyl text surface applied.
- The HOSPITAL STAFF ONLY BRAILLE SIGN was made using 1/8” photopolymer painted blue with white text offset onto a light gray painted 1/8” circular acrylic panel.
- This HOTEL ROOM NUMBER BRAILLE SIGN was created using 1/2” thick photopolymer, routed to an oval shape with a bullnose edge, painted dark taupe with raised letters in brushed gold.
- A Wayfinding Tactile Braille Sign
- Braille Signs for a new HOTEL just off the beach were enhanced with digital printing to mimic a tile pattern and subsurface applied to 1/4” thick clear photopolymer. Signs were also custom routed to a wave top shape and screened with custom ink color for inset &raised wave.
- The unique tactile LOUNGE SIGN was made using embedded bamboo elements in layers of acrylic, with an integral photopolymer face, to go with the theme of it’s surroundings.
- FACILITY BRAILLE SIGNS were embellished with a subsurface crystal vinyl design to green acrylic, laminated to a bronze acrylic backer and bronze ink applied on the raised tactile suite number to produce these beautiful signs.
- A.D.A. Braille Signs
- WAYFINDING BRAILLE SIGNS
- Braille Sign for Door
More examples of our signs with photo and logo elements can be seen under our FRAMED ADA SIGNS section.
For Quotes or more info on our ADA & Wayfinding Signs
Your ADA Braille Signage Specialist
ADA Compliant Braille Signs
From New Construction to Renovations of existing facilities, we will merge our EXPERIENCE & CREATIVITY with your ADA signage requirements.
We can aid you from the start of any ADA Braille Sign Project to it’s completion with the following services:
- Design Assistance & Recommendations
- ADA Sign Pricing / Alternatives / Suggestions
- ADA Specification Sheets & Paper Proofs
- Custom Prototype Production Service
Bell Company will work with you and your designers to accommodate the vision for your facility while
adhering to the American’s With Disabilities Act Legislation.
Samples of various ADA Signs manufactured by BellCo
Bell Company will work with your or your designer to accommodate their vision for design, while adhering to the American’s With Disabilities legislation. We try to offer information on this site which will allow you to educate yourself and your customer on how ADA Signs are manufactured.
You may see examples of our quality signs from previous ADA Sign Jobs from this site
Our ADA Signs with frames show examples of how you can enhance the look of a simple sign by simply adding one of our many frame choices.
Add a flair to the ADA Signs you offer your customer by using our new curved frames.
This utilizes a flexible single piece clear photopolymer and curved frame which we call our BellKurve Sign System.